An easy crockpot chicken meal that tastes delicious. I serve it over a bed of wombok cabbage (Chinese cabbage) for a low carb meal that’s good for the waistline. Of course it could be served over anything you like and you could even eat it on it’s own. If you’re a dairy lover a nice sprinkle of parmesan cheese would add an extra twist and flavour.
Anti Pasto Crockpot Chicken Recipe
|Anti Pasto Crockpot Chicken||
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum) – sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red onion – sliced finely
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 250g (0.6lb) fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup stock or water
- 1/4 cup almond flour or gluten free flour
- Shredded wombok cabbage
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the crockpot
- Cover with all the other ingredients (except the wombok and flour) and then pour the stock over
- Put the crockpot on low for 5-6 hours
- -30 minutes before serving, mix the ¼ cup flour with enough water to make a runny paste
- Add this into the chicken mix, stirring it in gently around the sides so the sauce will thicken
- Before serving, steam up your shredded wombok (Chinese) cabbage and then serve your anti pasto chicken on top of a bed of wombok
If you eat gluten free foods you could eat this meal over rice, rice noodles or with some gluten free pasta. You could also serve it with lettuce, kale, or steamed cabbage.
If you give it a try I’d love to hear about it. Please come back and let me know how it goes.
Your health is your wealth
P.S. Join my weekly newsletter for updates on delicious recipes and health tips.