Seriously, this is so easy to make and can be made in any number of variations. And, it’s awesomely delicious for breakfast, or even a snack or dessert.
It’s great for a morning when you’re on the run and can easily be made the night before, so it’s ready and waiting for you in the morning.
To add some extra fiber to the mix, add some chia seeds or a little flaxseed meal to the mix. The added fiber will keep you fuller longer and keep you fueled up for longer, too.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
If you’re not on my email list, be sure to click here to subscribe to my weekly nutrition newsletter, I’ve got some great recipes and articles to come and I’d love to share them with you. 🙂
Layered Berry Nut Yogurt
- Servings: 2 people
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- 105 g/ 3.7 oz frozen mixed berries – equiv. 3/4 cup – defrosted
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 2 Tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 5-7 drops liquid stevia extract – optional
- If you want to make it a bit sweeter, stir the liquid stevia into the yogurt.
- Layer the ingredients into 2 glasses starting with the berries, a little almonds, sunflower seeds, and coconut, a sprinkle of cinnamon, a thin layer of yogurt; then repeat until you use all the ingredients.
Can be made ahead of time the night before and will also store in the fridge for a couple of days.
Want some added fiber? Add a couple of teaspoons of chia seeds to each one.
Haven’t got almonds? Use any kind of nuts or seeds you have on hand.
Want to lower the carb count? Use cottage cheese instead and add a bit more stevia to make it sweet.
Calories 309 | Total Fat 22 g | Sat Fat 7 g | Poly: 5 g | Mono: 10 g | Total Carbs 25 g | Fiber 7 g | Net Carbs 18 g | Protein 9 g
Please pin it, tweet it, or share it around 🙂
If you’re not on my email list, be sure to click here to subscribe to my weekly nutrition newsletter, I’ve got some great recipes and articles to come and I’d love to share them with you 🙂