You are goin to love these spinach and tomato egg muffins. They are pretty simple to make and you can eat them for breakfast, lunch, or carry them as a snack to eat throughout the day. If you’re a parent, why not include them in your kids lunch box, they’ll love it. These are healthy and delicious so I hope you enjoy them.
Spinach And Tomato Egg Muffin Recipe
- • 1/2 large onion – diced
- • 1.5 cups packed baby spinach – roughly chopped
- • 8 cherry tomatoes – halved
- • 4-5 eggs
- • Coconut, almond or cows milk
- • Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (360ºF)
- Lightly grease 4 muffin cups with olive oil
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan, add onions and saute over a low-medium heat until brown
- Turn off the heat, then add the spinach to the pan and stir it through so it wilts and combines with the onion
- Spoon the mixture evenly into muffin cups
- Place 4 halved tomatoes on top of each one
- Beat eggs with some milk and the salt and pepper to season
- Pour the egg mixture over the muffin filling to cover
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown on top and puffy
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating
These will store in the fridge for a few days so if you want to save time, make a big batch and them you can simply warm them up over the next few days. If you’re going to eat them for lunch, make a simple salad with some baby spinach leaves and cucumber, delicious!
P.S. Subscribe to my newsletter to stay informed about new recipes and healthy tips.