Salmon cakes are one of my favourite things to eat and this simple recipe is one you’ll love to share around with your friends 🙂
The salmon cakes are packed with Omega 3 oils EPA & DHA which are essential for good health. They contain loads of calcium for healthy bones and they also have tons of vitamins and minerals too. I eat these every couple of days and they are simply delicious. The salad is simple yet compliments the salmon perfectly.
- 415g (14.5oz) tin salmon
- 1 spring onion – sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Approx. 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 olives
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Oil for cooking
- Empty and discard excess liquid from salmon
- Place in a mixing bowl with spring onion and parsley
- Generously season with salt and pepper
- Using a fork break up the salmon and combine all the ingredients together
- Crack egg into the bowl and mix in well to combine
- Place the almond meal on a plate and have another plate ready to put salmon cakes onto
- Using your hands roll into 4 large balls then pat down with hands to form patties
- Put into the almond mix and gently coat the cakes in the almond meal/flour
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat, place patties into the pan, then reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes on each side. The key is to cook them slowly so they don’t burn but cook through and nicely brown on the outside.
- While they are cooking, wash your spinach, slice your tomatoes in half and make a bed of salad on two plates as pictured above
- Mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl, ready to drizzle over your salad
- When salmon cakes are ready, serve them on the plate and drizzle your salad with dressing
Don’t have balsamic vinegar? Use apple cider or white wine vinegar, or you can even use lemon juice if that’s all you have
Don’t have the correct salad ingedients? Simply serve your salmon cakes with whatever salad vegetables you have
Don’t have almond meal, or want to simplify the meal even more? You don’t have to crumb the salmon cakes at all. Just make the patties and cook them in the pan, they will still work out perfectly well and will save you even more time and fuss.
Storage – Salmon cakes will store in the fridge for up to 2 days and can be reheated in the microwave or on a low heat in the pan.
I hope you enjoy it
P.S. In the next couple of weeks I’ll be releasing a free eCookbook so sign up for the GFE weekly updates and I’ll let you know when it’s ready.