I made this dish one morning when I had some leftover gluten free sausages from the night before. At first I thought it would be a frittata because it doesn’t contain any type of bread base, but when I slid it out of the pan and cut it you couldn’t help but look at it like a pizza! So it became the big breakfast pizza recipe instead.
I always try to cook a big breakfast in my house, enough to feed the 4 of us and keep us going until lunch. Thankfully everyone thoroughly enjoyed this one so it’s now on the breakfast rotation list. Looks delicious doesn’t it? That’s because it is!
Big Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 4 thin gluten free sausages
- 120g (4.2oz) cauliflower – chopped small
- 140g (4.9oz) sweet potato – peeled and grated
- 2 tomatoes – diced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (any type you choose)
- Oil for cooking
- Cook the sausages in a pan until cooked. Tip: While they are cooking you can prepare the veggies
- Once they’re cooked remove from pan and slice up into pieces
- Add the onions and cauliflower, cook until the cauliflower is starting to soften
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the sweet potato, tamari and sausages to the pan and cook until everything looks good, well combined and mostly cooked through
- Beat the eggs with the milk and season generously with pepper
- Even out the mixture in the pan and pour the egg mixture over evenly
- Turn down the heat and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes
- Preheat the grill on high
- When it looks almost cooked through, transfer the pan under the grill to for 1-2 minutes too cook off the top and brown it slightly
Dairy Lovers: Coat the top of the pizza in grated cheese a few minutes before serving, then place back under the grill untill the cheese is melted and brown. Or add some small chunks of fetta throughout the pizza.
Vegetarians: Use veggie sausages, tofu or just pack the pizza up with some more veggies.
Don’t like beef sausages or don’t have any available? Use chicken sausages or some ground chicken or beef mince instead.
Experiment: Experiment with adding additional veggies or a different combination. This meal could really be eaten with any veggie variety and will still taste great!
Hope you enjoy it,
P.S. Grab this recipe and others in my FREE 60 page eCookbook. Just subscribe to my weekly newsletter and it’s yours You can do it here now.