A simple pan fried fish recipe using homemade pesto that takes just 10 minutes to whip up and can be eaten for lunch or dinner. My husband loves it but enjoys a few more carbs so I give him a bit of gluten free pasta with pesto on the side and a sprinkle of cheese and that keeps him more satisfied than simply eating it with the veggies.
Hope you enjoy it
Prep time: 3 mins
- 2-3 pieces white fish fillets – fresh or frozen
- Basil pesto – enough to spread on both sides of the fish
- 1 zucchini – cut into strips lengthways
- 1/2 red bell pepper (capsicum) – sliced
- 10 mushrooms – halved
- Spread pesto on both sides of the fish
- Heat oil on a griddle, skillet or in a large fry pan
- Add the veggies and cook for 2 minutes per side
- Move aside to finish cooking, add the fish to the pan and cook for 1.5 minutes per side
- That’s it, you’re ready to serve and eat
For those of you who aren’t so good at the cooking processes, here’s a few images to help you out.
Chop things up
Coat the fish in pesto
Veggies in the pan for 2 minutes per side
Push veggies aside, add the fish and cook 1.5 minutes per side and you’re done!