When it comes to salad I find they are sometimes best when kept very simple. This avocado and cuccumber salad has just a few ingredients but is surprsingly tasty and satisfying. The fresh cucumber with delicious healthy fats found in the avocado make it a perfect side for any of your proteins.
- 1 avocado
- 1 lebanese cucumber – sliced finely on an angle
- 2 handfuls of leafy salad mix – washed, drained and dried
- 1 spring onion – sliced
- 1/2 lemon – squeezed
- Olive oil
- Place the leafy greens on plates, topped with cucumber
- Halve the avocado and remove the seed, then use a knife and slice it while it’s in the skin. Then use a spoon to scoop it out in slices and place it on the plate with your greens
- Sprinkle with spring onions, a drizzle of lemon juice and olive oil
Add your protein- Serve it with boiled eggs, some fried chicken, 2 minute steaks, a handful of chickpeas or some tempeh for the perfect meal.
Dairy Lovers – add some feta cheese to the mix
Hope you enjoy it 🙂