Do you like fish? I never used to but I’m learning to love it more and more. It all depends on the type of fish you choose and the way you cook it. Being that fish is so good for us to eat, I include it in the menu a few times a week.
Adding fresh herbs and spices to the cooking process as I’ve done in this dish make it a very aromatic dish. This thai spiced steamed fish is super delicious, easy and tasty. It is so good that you can eat it on it’s own straight out of the foil in all it’s wonderful juices! It’s also great served with a simple side salad or some steamed veggies for a meal you can make in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 firm white fish fillets
- 1 x 10cm sticks of fresh lemon grass
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions – sliced thinly
- 1/2 fresh large red chili – chopped finely (optional)
- 1 lemon – sliced thinly
- 1- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Trim lemon grass and cut each piece in half lengthways
- Cut 2 sheets of foil large enough to completely enclose the fish
- Place 1 lemon grass piece on each foil and place fish on top of it, then divide coriander, chili and spring onions across the top of the fish
- Drizzle with olive oil and put 3-4 lemon slices on top as well
- Fold the foil around the fish to enclose it completely in a parcel
- Place parcels in a single level steamer and steam covered for 15 minutes
- Remove from the foil before serving and discard the lemon and lemon grass
- Chop up any variety of salad vegetables you like and serve on the side
-Eat the fish straight out of the foil bag in all it’s juices. If you do this cook up double and have 2 pieces of fish instead!
-Serve with a side salad or cook up your steamed veggies at the same time the fish is cooking.
-Place a side of homemade mayonnaise too, delicious!
Storage – it can be kept in the fridge until the next day and eaten hot or cold for lunch so be sure to cook extra.
P.S. I’ll be releasing a meal plan service in the next couple of weeks. 6 days with all meals readily planned, shopping lists, preparation guide and recipes plus access to resources and an entire recipe database at your fingertips. Sign up below for early bird offers.