Today I’d like to share a simply delicious honey mustard chicken recipe that I’ve come to love. It’s baked chicken cooked in little parcels and comes out with a sweet flavoured sauce that gets soaked up by your veggies and lapped up into the chicken. I know you’ll love it as much as I do!
Then I’ll take you one step further and show you how I make the most of meals I make to save time and energy in the kitchen. Below you’ll find a second recipe where I’ve used the leftover honey mustard chicken and thrown together a super healthy lunch in 5 minutes flat. I use this method of cooking alot because you can often repurpose parts of the meals you cook and make them into another healthy dish. Anyway I hope you’ll enjoy these wonderful treats 🙂
Tip: If you want to make the bonus recipe below. Cook a double batch of chicken. It won’t take you any more time or effort and you get more bang for your buck in the kitchen.
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic oil (see link to recipe below)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 bunches asparagus – ends cut off and halved
- 3 large carrots – cut into long lengths as in picture
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F)
- Cut off 2 large pieces of balking paper and place onto a baking tray, then place one chicken breast onto each piece
- Place the garlic oil, thyme, mustard, lemon, juice, tamari, and honey in a jar and shake until blended
- Fold the sides of the baking papaer up and drizzle the mixture onto the chicken and fold them up to make parcels
- Place in the oven for 18 minutes then allow to rest for a few minutes before serving
- Meanwhile, steam your carrots and asparagus to accompany your chicken and you have a delicious meal
BONUS: Save time by making it 2 meals
Now we take the left over honey mustard chicken and make another meal. This chicken tastes super delicious cold and so I simply whip up a salad and I’ve got a nutritious and satisfying meal that I made in 10 minutes ot less!
- Leftover Honey mustard chicken breast
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tub cherry tomatoes
- Diced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber – halved and sliced
- A handful of olives
- 1 avocado – sliced
- Arrange all the salad items on 2 plates
- Place the sliced chicken and avocado on the plates
- Pour the honey mustard sauce from the chicken parcel over the salad or use your favourite salad dressing
That’s it, 2 meals worth of value without any extra effort, just the way I like to use the kitchen.
Hope you enjoy it and please check back and share.
P.S. Please share the recipe with friends. They will thank you for it 🙂