A delicious laksa is an all time favourite in my house. And since I’ve been very busy lately I’ve been using the slow cooker more. I love it because you can simply throw a whole bunch of stuff in there, put it on, and come home to a dinner already cooked.
I remember when a friend first introduced me to the crockpot, it was like my days were liberated, especially the busy ones where you know you’re not going to want to cook dinner.
So today I’ve got this crockpot chicken laksa recipe that was a hit!
- 1 onion – sliced
- 500g (1.1lb) pumpkin – diced small
- 600g (1.3lbs) chicken
- 2 carrots – sliced
- 1/4 small/medium cauliflower – roughly chopped
- 300g (10oz-0.7lbs) wombok – sliced lengthways
- 1/4 cup stock (6 ice cubes)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1.5 cups water
- CURRY POWDER
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry coriander
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chilli -depends how hot you like it
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- Add all the crockpot and cook for 6-8 hours on low
- Serve and enjoy
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
P.S. Be sure to share it around 🙂