2 minute fast cooking steaks make a fantastic quick lunch or dinner meal. Below you’ll find a simple 2 minute steak and salad recipe to inspire you for your next lunch. Feel free to change it and add to it in whatever way you like, that’s the great thing about salad, you can throw whatever you have available into the mix, and it always tastes good.
I hope you enjoy it.
- 2 x 2 minute steaks
- Your favourite meat rub or spice
- ½ lebanese cucumber – thinly sliced
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves – you could also use baby spinach, iceberg lettuce, or chinese cabbage, whatever you have available
- 10 cherry tomatoes – halved
- 1 carrot – julienne
- 1 avocado
- cottage cheese or fetta (optional)
- Dressing or olive oil and lemon
- Rub your steaks with a meat rub or spice mix
- Throw all your salad vegetables together in a bowl and stir through some dressing or 1/2 squeezed lemon and some olive oil
- Cook your steaks, one minute per side
- Then serve steak and salad with a side of avocado
Other ways to use 2 minute steaks
- You can eat them alongside a simple salad such as in the recipe above
- Slice them up in your lunch box
- Include them in a salad wrap made out of nori seaweed, like this recipe here
- Add the slices to some steamed or sauteed vegetables
- Eat them on their own as a snack or dip them in some guacomole or hummus dip
The options are endless. You can season them with various spice rubs for different flavours and the great part about them is they literally cook in 2 minutes flat!
If you’ve got your own fast steak tip, I’d love to hear about it, so please leave me a comment below.
P.S. Please share this post with friends to help give them some lunch inspiration too 🙂