When it comes to healthy eating, we sometimes think that we have to give up some of life’s sweeter things But we can still enjoy many delicious treats, perhaps not everyday but at least once a week.
I’ve decided to share more sweet treats on a regular basis to help give you some delicious inspiration. These healthy low carb pancakes are one example of a guilt free dessert. They are made with coconut flour and eggs, which are both low carb, they don’t contain grains of any kind, and they are super easy to make.
For your strawberry syrup you use a little honey or you could replace the honey with maple syrup or brown rice syrup. For those following a strict no sugar or low carb diet, simply replace the honey with stevia and thicken the syrup with a little arrowroot flour. You could also add a little vanilla extract for a different natural flavour.
This recipe is also dairy fre, the cream being replaced with the sweet flavour of coconut cream.
- • ½ cup coconut flour
- • ½ teaspoon baking soda
- • Pinch salt
- • 6 eggs
- • ¼ cup olive oil
- • ¾ cup coconut cream
- • ¾ cup water
- • ½ teaspoon vanilla
- • 1 punnet strawberries – leaves removed and strawberries sliced
- • 1 tablespoon honey
- • 1 tablespoon water
- • Extra coconut cream to serve
- • Oil for cooking
- Put coconut flour, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk to remove any lumps
- Add eggs, oil, coconut cream, water and vanilla and whisk until well combined to a smooth batter
- Heat a small amount of oil in a non-stick fry pan, allowing the pan to heat thoroughly
- With a soup ladle, spoon the mixture into the pan, it should be runny enough to gently edge it’s way out to form large sized round pancakes
- Cook over a low-medium heat for about 5 minutes before flipping. You will notice that the batter begins to bubble. When there are bubbles throughout most of the pancake, you are ready to flip it and cook for a few minutes on the other side
- Place strawberries, honey and a tablespoon water into a small saucepan, and gently simmer over a very low heat while cooking the remaining pancakes
- Serve pancakes topped with strawberry syrup and drizzle some coconut cream on top to serve. To save time use 2 pans for cooking pancakes
I hope you enjoy these delicious healthy low carb pancakes as much as my family does!
And if you’re looking for another sweet bake, try this banana bread, it’s awesome too.
P.S. Share this guilt free recipes with your friends. They will LOVE you for it