Meals cooked in the crockpot have got to be an all time favourite, wouldn’t you agree?
They save loads of time and if I know my day is busy and I won’t be home until late, I throw a meal in my crockpot, leave it on all day and come home to the house smelling great and dinner cooked.
I’ve shared a couple of delicious crockpot recipes on the blog here, crockpot chicken laksa, and antipasto crockpot chicken. Today I’ve got a slow cooked lamb shanks recipe that I made recently. Lamb shanks aren’t something that I commonly cook but they were super delicious. Served with a huge bunch of kale (also cooked in the crockpot) and a few other veggies. It was very satisfying so I hope you enjoy it.
Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks Recipe
- 1 onion – sliced
- 2 carrots – roughly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes – halved (or replace with sweet potato)
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1 400g (14oz) tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup stock
- ¼ cup water
- 3-4 kale leaves
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot in order of the ingredients list (except for kale)
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
- In the last 1 hour of cooking add the kale – if you won’t be able to do this due to working etc, then just add it at the beginning.
- Serve all and enjoy
This recipe leaves quite alot of sauce, which I set aside and used the next day with some meat patties and veggies.