I can’t believe another month has flown by and we are at the end of August! I’m sure you’ll all agree that time seems to fly by faster every year, or maybe I’m just getting busier and busier. I’m not sure but here we are just about to start another month and a new season too!
September 1st marks the start of the 7 Day Diet Detox Challenge, a cleansing challenge to get back into healthy action. You can find out more about that over here and join us.
One thing I’ve really enjoyed this month is my outdoor daily walks because the weather has been so wonderful, and I’m so incredibly grateful every day for my surroundings.
As for here online, there’s always really interesting things I come across as I browse about so I thought I’d share some of the things I’ve stumbled across this month that I love.
- Homemade Mommy shared 30 tips for real food newbies – a great read to get you started on your real food journey.
- You might want to get the heads up with these 6 Tips for Avoiding GMO Foods.
- This post explains some of the problems with protein powders and why I don’t often recommend them but always encourage eating food instead.
- I know you would love me to tell you it’s okay to eat chocolate and it is if you eat the right chocolate for health.
- I always wondered how to make vanilla extract without alcohol, so I’ll be saving that recipe to try later, very interesting
And a few delicious recipes to try:
Sugar-free caramel sauce – well it does have maple syrup so it does still contain natural sugar but boy it looks good 🙂
5 minute dairy-free peach ice cream – I discovered this and never would have thought of peach as a flavour. I did make my own ice cream recently but had banana and strwberry flavour. Peach…great idea!
Detox Smoothie – looks sensational
Gluten free chocolate cake – definitely on the list for making at the next birthday, looks amazing 🙂
Have you come across any great things lately, I’d love to hear about them.
P.S. Let’s hope September brings some fabulous things our way too.