I’m running a 7 day detox challenge here on the blog and we’ve got a bunch of people participating so I thought it might be a good idea to post my own food diary here so it can help you design your 7 day detox diet menu.
If you still haven’t started, that’s fine, you can really pick up and start this anytime you like.
Remember this is a real food diet cleanse, you can read about the detox diet plan here.
For now let’s take a look at Day 1 on my plate.
7 Day Detox Diet Menu: Day 1
Breakfast was a simple meal of fried eggs, red bell pepper (capsicum, pan fried tomatoes, baby spinach and avocado.
Lunch was a delicious salad with a side of ground chicken mince stir fry.
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 350g (12oz) ground chicken mince
- 1 onion – sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tomatoes – diced
- coconut oil for cooking
- Salad – carrot, cucumber, red bell pepper (capsicum), baby spinach, lemon juice and olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onions until they are nicely browned
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry off for a few minutes
- Add the spices to the pan and stir in thoroughly, then add the tomatoes
- Cook over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile, throw together a salad and serve the chicken beside the salad
- Finish with some lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil
Dinner was pesto beef with steamed veggies
Pesto Beef Recipe
- 350g (12oz) grass fed beef rump steak – sliced finely
2 tablespoons pesto (homemade)
A selection of veggies of your choice
Potatoes or brown rice for your husband 🙂
- Mix the beef in a bowl with the pesto
- Steam your veggies
When they are almost done heat a pan with a little oil
Add your beef and fry off for about 2-3 minutes
Serve and enjoy
A simple day full of lots of colour.
What’s on your plate today?