I love simple things.
Sometimes you can just add too much to a dish and it spoils the flavour of what’s in the dish. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed this simple meal for lunch the other day and I thought you’d probably love it too.
Don’t let the simplicity fool you, this honey mustrad chicken broccoli salad is super tasty and simple to make in 10-15 minutes max.
Simple to cook, simple to eat, what more could you want from a meal.
Honey Mustard Chicken Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic oil or minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon honey
Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a small jar or container and shake well to combine.
The Other Ingrediets
- 500g (17.5oz/ half pound) chicken breast – cut into thin slices
- 400g (14oz) broccoli – it’s approximately 3 small broccoli’s – cut into florets
- 1 red onion – sliced finely
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
Putting it all together
- Place the chicken strips into a bowl to marinate for 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
- Put the broccoli in a steamer, once it’s boiling cook for 5 minutes. If it’s cooked before the chicken take it off the steam and set aside s it doesn’t overcook.
- Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat
- Add onions and saute until nicely browned
- Set aside in a bowl
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons coconut oil to the pan, let it melt and the pan heat a little, then use a spoon to scoop the chicken into the pan. Don’t just tip the whole mix in as you want some of the juices left in the bowl.
- Use tongs and a spatula to brown the chicken evenly on all sides. It will only need about 5 minutes maximum for cooking. Don’t overcook it because you want it nice and tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow to sit for 2 minutes to rest the chicken so it can finish cooking through
- Turn the heat back on and stir in the broccoli, onion and remaining dressing
- Stir to combine and heat through slightly, maximum 1 minute
- Serve and enjoy.
This will also taste fantastic cold so that means it will be great for the lunch box.
Hope you enjoy it
P.S. Would you like easy recipes like this planned for you every week?
My weekly meal plans help you eat healthy and most of the meals can be made in minutes!
Go take a look at some of the delicious meals on the menu, just choose your prefered option.