A simple delicious and very fast meal that can be made in less than 15 minutes. With a Chinese style flavour this ground pork stir fry is very enjoyable. If you don’t like pork then simply use ground chicken mince and it will taste just as great.
I serve it as is but I guess you could try a base if you really wanted to. If you like simple easy meals like this one, you might like to check out my weekly meal plans.
- 350g (12oz) ground pork mince – if you don’t like pork use chicken
- 250g (9oz) wombok leaves – approx. 4 large leaves. Or strips of bok choy (1 big bunch)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (capsicum) – sliced finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger – finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli paste (sambal)
- Heat garlic oil in a wok or large pan, add ginger and cook for 20-30 seconds
- Add the pork to the pan and stir fry until it is cooked through, about 3 minutes, stirring the mixture occasionally to prvent sticking and burning
- When the pork looks cooked through add the bell pepper and wombok to the pan and stir fry for one minute
- Add the sherry, tamari or coconut aminos, honey, and chilli, and stir through for 20-30 seconds
- Add the sesame oil, turn off the heat, and stir everything through once again
- You are now ready to serve
This is definitely one of those meals that is perfect for an evening when you’re tired and hungry.
Hope you enjoy it
P.S. Interested in weekly meal plans? Choose from gluten free or paleo, click here for more info.