Today I had a really busy day again. I got outside and did some outdoor work and this was enough to meet my exercise quota. Our place is more like a mini farm and always has lots of maintenance to be done, and I just love being outside so it suits me just fine 🙂
Luckily I started the day with a great breakfast omelette filled with loads of veggies and topped with cottage cheese.
Lunch was some bean patties and salad.
And by dinner I was ready to sit down to a delicious bowl of chicken pumpkin curry. I served up hubby with a decent bowl of brown rice and curry. For myself I had some shredded lettuce and just a little brown rice (about 1/2 cup) and I topped both with the curry. Delicious!
As I said yesterday, I will try to include one recipe a day if possible, so today’s recipe is a Veggie Filled Omelette.
These are one of my favourite things to eat for breakfast. They are always slightly different because it just depends on what ingredients I have on hand. As long as you have an onion and a fresh tomato, you can throw anything else in the mix and it will taste great.
And if your husband is anything like mine, he will probably like ham and cheese on his as well. I just diced a bit of ham, grated a bit of cheese and put those on his omelette before serving.
You will need 2 pans for this. I use a non-stick pan for my omelettes and when I cook them I just cook one big one and chop it in half with the spatula so I don’t have to cook another one for my partner. Looks different but works just the same.
- 1/2 onion – diced
1 carrot – julienne sliced
1.5 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
1 zucchini – julienne
- 1 tomato – diced
- 5 eggs – beaten together with some cracked pepper
- oil for cooking
- cottage cheese
- Heat oil in one pan over a high heat, add onions, carrot and cauliflower and cook until browning and cauliflower is almost cooked through.
- Add the zucchini and tomato into the pan, turn down to a medium heat and cook until all the veggies are done. Stir occasionally. You want them soft but not falling apart.
- In the other pan, heat some oil then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes, then slightly lift the edges and tilt the pan so any excess mix folds underneath the omelette.
- When it’s cooked almost all the way through, get your spatula as far underneath it as possible and flip it over. Cook for a further minute or so.
- Chop it in half with the spatula.
- Serve on 2 plates filled with the mix and topped with cottage cheese.
Give it a try, I’m sure you’ll love it.
Nutrition & Health Coach
P.S. Be sure to subscribe for updates
on the one month plan. There will be lots of easy clean food inspiration to enjoy 🙂