The picture I took of this meal really doesn’t do it any justice at all. Truth be told I was far too hungry to stop to take a good one because even the aroma of this dish was making me super hungry. So please don’t let my lack of great photography deter you from giving this one a try.
This is a Chinese flavoured beef broccoli and snow pea recipe and it is super simple to make. Marinate the beef at least 30 minutes prior to cooking but you can even do it overnight or make the mixture quickly before leaving for work in the morning. The cooking process itself only takes 10 minutes and you can serve it with brown rice, cauliflower rice or even with a side salad or a side of bok choy or chinese greens would work too.
- 426g (15oz) beef rump steak – sliced finely
- 1 teaspoon chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion – sliced
- 120g (4.2oz) broccoli – chopped
- 100g (3.5oz) snow peas
- Oil for cooking
- Put the beef, chinese five spice, tamari and oil in a bowl. Stir well to coat the meat in the marinade and then leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan
- Add onion and broccoli and cook until brown.
- Add the snow peas and beef and fry off for just a few minutes until the beef is cooked. You want it slightly pink and nice and tender. You can pour any excess marinade over the dish as well.
- That’s it! Serve it with some brown rice, cauliflower rice, or some lettuce greens
Hope you enjoy it
Nutrition & Health Coach