For those of you that know me, I’m all for healthy food that’s also easy to make. If you’re new to Good Food Eating, you might like to sign up
to receive easy weekly recipes to your inbox.
Healthy eating does not have to be hard, in fact it’s easy and I hope you find inspiration in the easy recipes I share. I like keeping it simple but I also like tasty food too. Sometimes when we’ve been eating lots of processed foods packed with sugar and salt, healthy foods and vegetables can taste quite bland. But when we start eating more healthy food and more veggies, they start to have more flavour, we can taste them more, and we even start to crave them more!
I don’t eat this stir fry with rice or pasta or anything else. I just eat it as it is in a bowl. That’s where we often go wrong, feeling like we need to add a bottom base to our dish in the way of carbohydrates, but we don’t. Eating a meal like this just the way it is, is better for you and thoroughly enjoyable.
Chickpea and Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- 200g (70z) ground beef mince
- 1 x 400g (14oz) tin chickpeas (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cajun spice
- 1 bunch bok choy sliced – lengthways
- 1 tomato – diced
- ½ onion – sliced
- 1 carrot- roughly julienne sliced
- 8-12 snow peas – halved
- Oil for cooking
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add onion and suate until browning
- Add ground beef to the pan and cook off for 2 miutes, then add the cajun spice and stir in
- Continue to cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the tomato and carrot and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add the bok choy and snow peas and then continue to fry until cooked to your desired consistency. I like the bok choy a little bit crunchy but you may like it well done
- Serve and enjoy
to sign up for weekly food inspiration, I always share a couple of recipes each week 🙂