This sweet beef scramble makes a great breakfast meal or can also be eaten with brown rice or cauliflower rice.
Sweet Beef Scramble Recipe
Approx. 15-20 minutes prep/cook time
• 200g (7oz) ground beef (mince)
• 1 teaspoon tamari (optional)
• 2 teaspoons dry sherry
• 1 red onion – sliced
• 1/2 red bell pepper (capsicum) – diced
• 1 bunch broccolini
• 4 eggs – beaten and seasoned with pepper
• Oil for cooking
1. Mash up the ground beef in a bowl with the tamari and sherry, allow the mix to sit for 10 minutes to marinate if you can but not necessary. If not using tamari, add some salt and a teaspoon of water instead
2. Place broccolini in a steamer and steam for 10 minutes or until soft
3. Heat olive oil in pan, add onions and sauté until well browned
4. Add beef and brown off, breaking it up whilst cooking
5. Halfway through cooking beef, add red bell pepper and continue to cook until beef is cooked through and bell pepper is soft. Do not overcook the beef so it’s dry
6. Remove beef from pan and place in a bowl
7. Heat a bit more oil in pan, add eggs and scramble until they are just undercooked
8. Add beef back to the pan and continue to cook for a few minutes extra
9. Serve with the broccolini and drizzle with some extra olive oil
Note: This can also be eaten as is without the broccolini. Other alternatives for serving include eating wrapped in lettuce leaves, or served on top of rice or cauliflower rice, or even with a side of steamed veggies or steamed cabbage.
Hope you enjoy it, I certainly did.
Nutrition & Health Coach