Many diet programs focus on calories in and calories out. It’s a simple equation that we’ve all become used to hearing. If we eat more calories than we burn then we’ll store the excess as fat. This equation is true to some extent but it definitely shouldn’t be the one and only focus.
Because the calories in food are not created equal!
Sure, the calories may still be the same and you’ll essentially be consuming the same amount of energy. BUT looking at the pictures above, you can’t possibly think that just by sticking to 2000 calories you are going to get the same results.
Junk foods are going to have a very different impact on:
- Digestive processes: clogging you up, making you sluggish, damaging gut health
- Nutrient content: lack of vitamins and minerals, too many sugars and carbohydrates
- The way your body responds: insulin levels spike, excess carbohydrate gets stored as fat, bad trans fats get stored as fats and damage health
- Body composition: create more fat than muscle, flabby skin
Healthy nutritious foods such as good quality proteins, loads of veggies, and good fat sources.
- Digestive processes: aids the body to function at it’s optimum, ability to absorb nutrients
- Nutrient content: packed with vitamins and minerals, fiber, proteins, and the right amount of carbohydrate to support weight loss and improved health
- The way your body responds: insulin levels stay steady, body effectively burns fat, you feel and function better on an everyday basis
- Body composition: build lean muscle mass, toned muscle, healthy skin
There are actually loads more benefits to eating nutritious food, that’s just a quick overveiw and you can clearly see the difference.
When you make good quality food choices you don’t have to count calories at all. Eating nutritious healthy foods is going to yield much better weight loss results overall and improve your health beyond what you could imagine.
Here’s what Leigh shared over on Facebook when I was talking about this concept over there:
Stop Counting Calories, Start Eating Well!
For so many years we have had the calorie thing pushed on us. Of course there are many ‘diet’ products and a whole food industry out there that wants us to keep buying and consuming all the crap!
The best long term strategy for weight loss is to get the message loud and clear that not all calories in food are created equal. You simply can’t get away with eating crap, even if you are counting calories. If you focus on healthy nutritious choices, the weight loss results will come easier and be sustainable over the long term.
The sooner we can share this message, the sooner more people will be on the path to increased health and happiness.
Your health is your wealth,
P.S. Please share this post with your friends to educate them about calories 🙂
P.P.S. If you’re not already a friend over on the NEW Facebook page, please come and join us there.