These delicious gluten free, paleo friendly fruit and nut bars are like making a sweet muesli bar. They have great substance and they are quite filling, which makes them super satisfying so one slice is often enough. Great for kids lunchboxes or eaten, as a mid morning or afternoon snack for guests. Have it with some tea or coffee…sensational.
I hope you’ll enjoy them.
Fruit And Nut Bar Recipe
Makes 10 small slices
Less than 1 hour prep/cook time
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Generous pinch sea salt
1 heaped desert spoon honey
3/4 cup walnuts – blended
3/4 cup hazelnuts – blended
3/4 cup pitted dates – roughly chopped
3/4 cup pitted prunes – roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/ 320°F
2. Line a 20 cm square baking tin with baking paper so that it goes up all sides.
3. Pour 1 teaspoon oil on top of baking paper & spread it evenly to oil the paper
4. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, & salt, stirring to combine and remove lumps
5. Stir in the honey, nuts, and fruits, then using a spoon and one hand make sure all ingredients are broken up and well combined. The honey will have a tendency to stick to one area so break it up and blend in well.
6. In a cup whisk the egg and vanilla together
7. Pour over the flour nut mixture and using the same method as above, combine well until all ingredients are well blended. The mixture may not look wet enough but it will be fine and presses down into the pan.
8. Spread the mixture into the pan and press down evenly with fingers
9. Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown, then place on a cooling rack to cool before cutting and serving.
You can keep these in an airtight container and they’ll keep for about a week, so if you needed more, simply cook up a double batch and you’ll have plenty to go around.