A delicious and nutritios easy salad using canned salmon, one of the rishest sources of EPA and DHA omega 3 fatty acids.
Try and include salmon into your diet every couple of days because it is also a great source of calcium, protein, and vitamin D. We did not eat this salad with dressing as it was super tasty on it’s own but you may like to. It can be taken in your lunch box and will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
This meal takes just 15 minutes to make and is definitely going on my rotation menu from now on. To make it a 15 minute meal you do have to precook the brown rice but you could easily omit that if you’re in a rush and it will still taste great!
Salmon and Egg Salad Recipe
- 415g tin salmon – drained
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cracked pepper
- 1 cup precooked brown rice
- 1 carrot – grated
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 12 snow peas – end removed and cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 tomato – cut into wedges
- 2 boiled eggs – cut into quarters
- Place the salmon, vinegar, olive oil and pepper in a bowl and mash together. You can do this in a separate small bowl or just do it in the salad bowl before adding the other ingredients.
- Add all other ingredients except tomato and egg.
- Mix the salad ingredients to combine well.
- Place tomato and egg centrally for nice presentation
- You’re ready to go!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Nutrition & Health Coach
P.S. Like more easy healthy meals? Click Here
to subscribe for weekly updates.