This meal was honestly one of the best things I’ve cooked in a while and it was so super simple.
The photo really doesn’t do this healthy chicken curry recipe any justice because it tasted much better than it looks in the picture. Sometimes you just can’t get the lighting right when you’re taking photos
Precook the brown rice and you will have dinner ready in 15 minutes flat and you could always substitute the rice for some rice noodles if you’re in a rush and they would taste just as wonderful. The sauce is rich with a deep full flavour and the recipe on has 7 ingredients too, what a bonus right!
Hope you enjoy it.
Healthy Chicken Curry Recipe
- 400g (14oz) chicken – diced
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 carrot – halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder – I like the hot one but you can use a mild one
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Pre-cooked brown rice
- Oil for cooking
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and carrots
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on high until the onions are browning and the carrots are softening
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown for 2 minutes
- Add the curry powder and turmeric, cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add the coconut cream, stir to combine and simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Turn off the heat and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving, it allows the chicken to rest and finish cooking.
- Serve on brown rice, with rice noodles, with shredded lettuce or even eat it on it’s own for a super easy and tasty meal!