These marinated chicken drumsticks are so easy and delicious, don’t they look great!
Another great thing about chicken drumsticks is that they also happen to be cost effective. Since we’re on a pretty tight budget right now, cost effective suits me just fine so I’ve been exploring different ways to cook drumsticks and have a few new recipes to share, including this marinated, oven baked chicken drumstick recipe.
All you need is some coconut aminos or tamari, some wholegrain mustard, some dry sherry, and olive oil.
You combine those in a jar, shake it up and pour it over the chicken drumsticks. It’s best if you put those in a flat dish like the one below.
Sometimes I just marinate 5-6 at a time. In the picture above we were having a big birthday lunch so I cooked up a whole bunch of the chicken drumsticks. Just adjust the marinate to suit the amount of chicken drumsticks you are going to cook.
Cover with plastic wrap and keep them in the fridge for 1-2 days, rotate them once or twice.
Then lay them out on a baking tray, put them in the oven for an hour and they are ready to go. Makes them a no fuss meal really 🙂
Serve the oven baked drumsticks with a simple salad and you have yourself an amazingly tasty meal!
These will also taste great cold, so cook up a big tray and you can eat these for lunch over a few days.
Marinated, Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 5-6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Place drumsticks in a flat dish
- Mix all marinate ingredients in a jar and shake, then pour over the drumsticks
- Cover the drumsticks with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1-2 days
- To cook, Preheat over to 200°C (390°F)
- Lay drumsticks on a baking tray and cook for one hour
- Serve with your favourite salad for an easy, delicious meal
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. They made a great birthday lunch for my sons 22nd birthday!