This homemade chocolate is so simple to make and it’s 100% sugar free, making it a candida friendly, weight loss friendly option.
The basic recipe includes just 3 ingredients, coconut oil, raw cacao powder, and stevia. The picture above is of an almond chocolate and you will find some ideas of variations to the basic recipe below.
Homemade Chocolate Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- stevia to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a bowl over boiling water – to do this use a small saucepan with water and just sit a bowl over the top of it.
- Add the cacao and stevia to your desired sweetness – I use a liquid stevia
- In a small plastic container, lay down some glad wrap/plastic wrap so if covers the bottom and wraps up the sides to create a mold
- Pour the mixture on top of it, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes then it’s ready
- Slice it up into pieces and keep it in the fridge
Ideas for chocolate variations
- Add desiccated coconut for a coconut rough
- Add 1 tablespoon almond or cashew butter for a fudge type chocolate
- Dip some blueberries or strawberries in the mix and put the fruit in the fridge
- Add a few chopped nuts such as almonds to make it a nut chocolate
- Add a few drops of peppermint oil for a peppermint chocolate
Get creative, there are lots of ways you can adapt the basic recipe to include other flavours.
You can also adapt the quantity as this recipe will make just a small amount at a time.
Hope you enjoy it.
P.S. Please share it around