Right now I’m hosting a FREE weight loss and health challenge. If you want to get involved click here and join us.
So today I’ve got a few tips to get you started on your weight loss success plan.
- Don’t think about this as a diet, you want this to last, not lose the weight only to gain it all back again.
- Don’t aim for perfection-none of us are perfect so thinking we can be often leads to disappointment, self beating and even a binge bender. Know up front you won’t be perfect then just brush it off and move on when it happens.
- Don’t take on too much too fast – the aim of the game is you want to make things stick. You want to make sure that the habits you put in place are ones you can keep. Then you won’t end up in the same place again next year. When we try to change absolutely everything at once we often get overwhelmed and overwhelm leads to inaction.
- Think about this as a permanent lifestyle and life change. Think about how important your health is and focus on getting healthier, putting yourself as the highest priority, and making what you do count and stick long term
- Aim for consistency – this is far more important than perfection. Yo yo dieting never yields results so focus on being consistent with what you do every day. If you change something, keep doing it consistently and don’t stop.
- Aim for small consistent steps forward – there is no competition when it comes to achieving a weight loss or health goal. The only person you really have to contend with is yourself. Do what you can at your own individaul level and just keep moving forward.
Good luck with your weight loss success plan
Nutritionist & Health Counselor
P.S. Come and join us in the challenge. It’s for people who want to lose weight or just get healthier!