This bacon and mushroom crustless quiche recipe is a no fuss affair. You don’t have to precook ingredients, you just prepare them straight into the molds and put them in the oven. They are super fast to make, they make a great breakfast but can also be eaten for lunch. And the best part about them is that they are very portable. I’ve packed them for weekends away and had my precooked breakfasts ready made!
Bacon & Mushroom Crustless Quiche Recipe
The recipe below makes 4 but if you want to do a batch of 6 like I did in the video class, just half the ingredients and add that to your total when preparing.
- 3-4 pieces shortcut rindless bacon or 3 strips bacon – diced
- 1 spring onion – sliced
- 6-7 mushrooms – sliced
- 8 eggs
- Coconut cream
- Salt and pepper
- Non stick baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (340°F)
- Line 4 (12cm-4.7in) mini quiche pans with non stick baking paper. The quiche tins often have bottoms that pop out so you need to line them. Just cut squares that will line the bottom and come up around the edges to contain all the ingredients
- Place the diced bacon evenly into each pan
- Next place the mushrooms evenly between each pan
- Then sprinkle the spring onions evenly over the top
- Crack the eggs into a bowl with about 1-2 tablespoons coconut cream and season generously with pepper and just a pinch of salt
- Beat the egg mixture until well combined
- Pour the eggs slowly into the quiche pans until they are all full. Hold the paper aside as you do this so the egg pours into the pan, not outside of it
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes
- Allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes; then peel the baking paper away from edges. Eat now or put in containers in the fridge for later.
Virtual Cooking Class
I’ve made 6 quiches at once in the cooking class. You could also make a double batch if you wanted to.
I hope you enjoy those and if you try them I’d love it if you’d come and leave a comment and let me know if you liked them
Your health is your wealth,
P.S. Please sign up for my weekly newsletter full of deliciousness and weight loss and health tips 🙂