Do you love fast easy meals as much as me?
to subscribe for weekly fast food inspiration.
Eating well does not have to take hours but can be as simple as this lemon coconut chicken recipe. Don’t underestimate it because it was super tasty and quite saucy too.
The dish provides ample coconut sauce to coat the veggies as you eat 🙂
- 12 brussel sprouts – halved
- 2 cups shredded white cabbage
- 2 cups halved green beans
- 500g (1.1lb) chicken breast – sliced into tenderloin sizes, or just buy tenderloin
- 1/4 cup coconut cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- cracked pepper
- Put the vegetables in a large steamer, bring to the boil and steam for 7-10 minutes until cooked
- Meanwhile heat a fry pan over medium/ high heat
- Add the chicken and fry off on one side for about 2 minutes
- Crack a generous amount of pepper over the top of the chicken
- Flip the chicken pieces over using tongs and add the lemon juice
- Fry for one minute, then add the coconut cream, turn down the heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Don’t overcook it as you want it nice and tender
- Lay the cabbage down on the plate, with the veggies to the side
- Top the cabbage with the chicken and drizzle the sauce over the top of it
Coconut sauces always provide a lovely sweetness without adding any sugar whatsoever.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did 🙂
Nutrition & Health Coach
P.S. Subscribe for weekly food inspration. CLICK HERE
to do that now 🙂