This delicious lentil curry is super simple to make and was served as the base for this amazing lentil feast the other day for lunch.
So far I’ve shared the sauteed beet greens recipe, which even my husband loved and he doesn’t usually like greens all that much. I’ve also shared the coconut flour flat bread recipe 🙂 So here’s the lentil curry and the cucumber salad is yet to come.
I do cook my lentils from the dried ones, simply because it’s more cost effecctive and they taste better. I’ll often cook up a big batch and freeze portions. But you could use canned ones to save loads of time on the cooking process.
Lentil Curry Recipe
- 2.5 cups lentils
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon hot curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garam marsala
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Oil for cooking
- Heat a pan with a little oil
- Add the onion and saute until brown
- Add all the spices into the pan and cook them off for one minute to release the aromas
- Add in the tomato paste and cook that for a further 30 seconds to a minute until it’s a dark red
- Add in the lentils and stir it well to combine the mixture
- Add in the butter and stir it in to melt it
- Lastly add in the coconut cream and simmer for 5-10 minutes until cooked
- Add a litle water or extra coconut milk to the mix if you think it’s a bit thick
- You can serve this with brown rice, with salad or with the coconut flour flat bread, or even just buy some flat bread to save time.
I hope you will give it a try and enjoy it
Nutrition & Health Coach
P.S. While you’re here be sure to subscribe to the weekly newsletter
for food inspiration, nutrition and helath info 🙂