I made these for lunch one day when we had a delicious lentil curry feast. They were designed to be a coconut flour flat bread and while they were delicious eaten this way, they could also be used as pancakes. In fact my partner ate the leftovers for dessert
The coconut flour does give this flat bread a sweet flavour, which did work very well with this spicy curry. The bread was filled with lentils, and topped with some sauteed beet greens and greek yogurt cucumber salad. Everything was made from fresh ingredients and it was a very enjoyable lunch.
Coconut Flour Flat Bread/ Pancakes Recipe
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Oil for cooking
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl, except for the 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Mix it thoroughly, then continue to add water until it is quite runny. It needs a runny mixture to make the flat bread pancakes thinner.
- Heat a small non stick pan, I used a… sized one to make them individually
- Add a little oil to the pan and wIth a ladel, spoon the runny mixture in a nd slightly tilt the pan so that the mixture spreads evenly
- When you see it bubble on top it is ready to flip so carefully slide a spatula under and flip each one over
- Cook on the other side until lightly brown
- Continue cooking until you use the whole mixture
These are quite useful for many applications and they will keep in the fridge for a few days so can be packed in lunch boxes and so forth. Enjoy!
Nutritionist & Health Coach
P.S. Be sure to subscribe to the weekly newsletter
for more delicious food inspiration!