I remember when I first discovered crockpots. It was only around 10 years ago, which is actually quite surprising since I’ve loved cooking all my life.
When I did discover crockpot cooking it revolutionised my life, particularly during super busy times. Chop in 5 minutes, chuck it all in, turn it on, go to work and then come home to dinner done!
Now you’ve simply got to love that, right?
Give this simple Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe a try. The picture was taken when it was freshly cooked and still in the crockpot 🙂
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) gravy beef – chunky diced
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 x 400g (14oz) tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 cup stock or water
- 4 carrots – chunky chopped
- 2.5 cups chunky chopped cauliflower
- Place all the ingredients except for the carrots and cauliflower into the crockpot
- Give it all a stir and put on high for 3 hours
- Add the carrots and cauliflower and cook for a further 3 hours
- Serve with brown rice
Brown Rice Tip: Brown rice does take about 30 minutes to cook, so cook it ahead of time. It keeps in the fridge for a few days and you can also freeze it in portions by putting it in zip lock bags. Just grab some out of the freezer in the morning and you can heat it up later in the day.
Alternatively you can just eat this on it’s own or with a big plate of greens.
Hope you enjoy it 🙂
Nutritionist & Health Coach
P.S. Be sure to subscribe for weekly recipes and nutrition updates