I know the picture really doesn’t do these little cookies justice but I can tell you that these spice cakes are a soft cookie like affair and they are pretty more-ish.
They are gluten free, sugar free, paleo friendly.
They are easy to make, are made with 100% fresh natural ingredients (of course), and everyone in my family loved them!
They keep in a cookie jar or airtight container for up to a week and make a great healthy sweet treat.
- • ¼ cup coconut flour
- • ½ cup almond butter
- • 3 small red delicious apples – peeled and sliced
- • ¾ cup shredded coconut
- • 2 tablespoons almond meal
- • Pinch of sea salt
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- • ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- • 2 teaspoons vanilla
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • ½ cup almonds – roughly chopped
- • 3 small red delicious apples – peeled and grated
- Preheat oven to 340°F (170°C)
- Place sliced apples in a pan with a small amount of water and cook for 15 minutes until soft, then blend to make applesauce, set aside.
- Meanwhile, in the food processor put coconut flour, almond butter, and vanilla, blend for 1 minute until combined
- Add the applesauce, shredded coconut, almond meal, baking soda, sea salt and spices, then blend to form a paste
- Stir in the almonds and grated apple using a spatula, or blend very briefly to combine.
- It is best to stir it to maintain the form of the apple and almonds.
- Oil a large baking tray and gently roll the mixture into balls then pat down flat before placing on the tray to make 12 cakes. The mixture is sticky, that’s normal.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until brown, remove and allow to cool on a wire rack before eating
YUM! I hope you enjoy them 🙂
Nutritionist & Health Coach