Chicken schnitzel is so yummy and tender. This recipe excludes the commonly used breadcrumbs and replaces them with almond meal. It still tastes great!
|Delicious Chicken Schnitzel||
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2-1 cup almond meal
- 1 egg – beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup nut or coconut flour
- Oil for cooking
- Put one of the chicken breasts into a bag and then use a hammer to beat it out
- Repeat with the second breast
- Put almond meal onto a plate
- Put flour onto a plate
- Line up ingredients in a row, first flour, then egg, then almond crumbs
- First coat chicken in flour, next dip into egg, dripping off any excess, then coat generously in almond meal, pressing the chicken into the almond meal to make sure it is coated well.
- Heat oil in a pan, then place chicken breast in carefully so the oil doesn’t splash up at you
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes then turn over
- Reduce the heat slightly if need be and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until cooked through
- Pat off oil with paper or paer towel to remove excess oil
- Serve with a salad
Virtual Cooking Class
It’s a bit of a messy dish to make but it really is worth the effort. I hope you enjoy it.
P.S. Sign up to my newsletter for weekly recipes and healthy tips.