Have you ever stopped to wonder about the health benefits of pumpkin? Or maybe it’s nutrient profile and what it has to offer?
We’re going to cover that now an then you can go and browse over recipes from some of my food blogger friends.
Top 5 Health Benefits Of Pumpkin
1. Full Of Antioxidant Power
You’ve probably heard that having too many free radicals is bad for your health, right? Well pumpkin is loaded with antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E, pumpkin can help fight free radicals. For you that means less inflammation, less cell destruction and less disease, now that’s a grea thing isn’t it!
2. Increased Energy Production
Pumpkin is jam packed full of B vitamins, folate, niacin, thiamin, B6 and pantothenic acid, and these all help to increase energy production by aiding with many enzymatic functions in the body. This means better metabolism of nutrients, more brain power, and increased overall energy.
3. Boost Your Mood
Don’t just stop at pumpkin but eat the pumpkin seeds too as they contain tryptophan, an amino acid that helps with the production of serotonin. More serotonin means good mood food for you and we ALL love to feel good.
4. Decreased Inflammation
Pumpkin contains vitamin A and beta carotene which have been shown to help reduce inflammation in the body!
5. Supercharge Your Immune System
Check out the amazing nutritional profile of pumpkin below.
With all of these nutrients it helps to supercharge your immune system, giving you a boost when you most need it.
You see, many of the nutrients it contains are important to immune function, including zinc, selenium, iron, copper, folic acid, and vitamins A, B6, C, and E. The antioxidants themselves offer loads of immune boosting power and beta-carotene also helps fight bacteria.
With a nutrient panel like that the health benefits pumpkin provides are amazing so you will want to make lots of delicious pumpkin recipes.
That’s why I’ve made it easy and collected a hole bunch of delicious recipes from some of my favourite food bloggers 🙂
30+ Pumpkin Recipes
Just click on the links to be taken to the recipes.
Recipes From Good Food Eating
- Morrocan chicken and pumpkin salad
- 4 ingredient pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin chicken curry
- Crockpot chicken pumpkin laksa
Recipes From Some Of Our Blogger Friends
- Chewy Pumpkin Spice Candy Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe 2 (gluten, grain, dairy, sugar free)
- Cinnamon Coconut Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe
- Pumpkin Bread Recipe (Gluten and Grain Free)
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins (grain, gluten and dairy free)
- Crustless Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars (gluten and grain free)
- No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Bites (grain and dairy free)
- Paleo Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Hummus (no beans)
- Pumpkin Spice Dutch Baby (grain free)
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Pumpkin Caramel Bars
- “Peanut Butter” Pumpkin Brownies
- Paleo-field pumpkin pie bar
- Paleo pumpkin bundt cake with coconut cream glaze
- Pumpkin crumble
- Pumpkin choc chip bread
- Pumpkin souffle
- Pumpkin spice cranberry no-bake cookies
- Pumpkin fudge
- Coconut milk pumpkin ice cream
- Pumpkin struesel bread
- Spiced pumpkin butter
- Pumpkin shiffon mousse
- Slow cooker lamb and pumpkin curry
- Pumpkin pie spiced creamer
- Pumpkin spiced garbanzo beans
- Pumpkin pie chia seed pudding
There’s loads of inspiration here so I hope you find something you’ll enjoy.
P.S. Please share this post around 🙂