OMG this is a super tasty and easy meal to make. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one and you will too. It’s low carb, paleo and dairy free so it’s great for our waistline too
Chicken Carbonara Recipe
You can make this dish in 15 minutes and it really does taste as good as it looks in the picture above. YUM!
|Chicken Carbonara Recipe|
- 1 tsp garlic oil or half teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small red onion – diced
- 2 strips bacon or 3 pieces rindless shortcut bacon
- 3 capfuls white wine – chardonnay
- 3/4 – 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 2 boneless chicken thighs – diced
- Cabbage – about 4 cups shredded like pasta noodles
- Place your cabbage into a steamer and steam for 5-10 minutes while you cook the sauce. Keep an eye on it to make sure you don’t overcook it. You want it soft to stick a fork in but not soggy.
- Heat garlic oil in a pan over a medium heat, add onion and saute until browning
- Add bacon and continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir in, then allow to cook for about 1-2 minutes
- Stir it and let cook for another minute or so
- Give it a bit of a stir, then add 3 capfuls of white wine into the pan, and a generous amount of pepper and a bit of salt, then stir it into the mixture
- Now add the coconut cream, let it simmer for 1-2 minutes then turn the heat off
- Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes while you prepare plates and tidy up
- Beat the egg in a bowl, then just before you’re ready to serve, turn the heat on low under the pan, stir in the egg, then turn off the heat again. You don’t want the egg to scrmable in the sauce but just thicken it. So be careful not to boil it or heat it too much
- Using tongs, place cabbage pasta alternative into 2 bowls, then spoon the mixture on top for a delightful and tasty dish
Virtual Cooking Class
Need some help to cook the perfect carbonara, watch this cooking class and be sure to subscribe to our You Tube channel for more cooking classes to come.
I know you will love this one so be sure to cook it up!
Your health is your wealth,
P.S. Interested in some weekly real food meal plans? Paleo & Gluten free plans available. Click here to take a look.