I LOVE keeping things simple when it comes to food. And that’s exactly what this pumpkin soup recipe is…simple!
Don’t let that be mistaken for lack of flavour because this soup is delicious. The benefit is that it contains just 4 ingredients and cooks in about 10-15 minutes.
1. Jap Pumpkin 2. Stock
3. Dried thyme 4. Coconut cream or milk
Did you know that beta- carotene and vitamin A are both anti-inflammatory nutrients?
Well pumpkin happens to contain high levels of both of these nutrients so that makes this soup anti-inflammatory. It also happens to be made with just 4 simple and natural ingredients, which only increases it’s beneficial effect 🙂
Simple Pumpkin Soup Recipe: Just 4 Ingredients!
- 1/2 jap pumpkin
- 3.5 cups stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or milk
- Remove skin and seeds from pumpkin and cut into small pieces
- Place in a large saucepan with the stock and thyme
- Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until pumpkin is soft
- Place all the cooked ingredients through a blender, food processor, or use a bar whip to make the soup smooth
- Add the coconut cream and serve as is or with some gluten free toast
I like to use jap pumpkin because it is nice and sweet but you could also use butternut, or any other type of pumpkin.
I also make my own stock and you can do this very simply each week by saving up all of your veggie scraps and then simmering them on low for an hour or so. It’s a great way to utilise waste and get a stock that is tasty, fresh and healthy.
If you’re too lazy to do that (I know lots of people who are) then buy Pacific foods veggie broth/stock (US) or for those in AUS, look out for the Celebrate Health brand of stocks in Coles supermarkets. These are 2 brands that contain natural organic ingredients that you can feel safe eating 🙂
Well I hope you’ll give this super simple pumpkin recipe a try, I know you’ll love it!
Nutritionist & Health Coach