When you buy mayonnaise from the store have you stopped to read the ingredients? Most of them are filled with sugar, preservatives, flavorings, and all sorts of garbage. Why buy it when you can make this easy homemade mayonnaise recipe in less than 10 minutes.
It’s tangy, tastes great on most things like meat patties, mixed in salads, or whatever else you can think of. It keeps in the fridge for a few weeks no problems 🙂
- Light olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard – crunch it up against the edge of a jar or small bowl to get the flavor out
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Place your egg yolk into the food processor
- Add your mustard and apple cider vinegar
- Put your food processor on low and start slowly dribbling the olive oil into the processor. You have to have patience and just dribble the oil in slowly so the egg mixture emulsifies and does not break up. It seems like it’s not doing anything but after about 2 minutes it will start to bind together and thicken
- Keep adding the oil until the mayonnaise is the consistency you want it, thick and creamy
- Put it in a jar or airtight container and it will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks
Virtual Cooking Class
Paul the exchef residential cook shows us how easy it is to make this homemade mayonnaise.
Hope you enjoy it 🙂
Your health is your wealth,
P.S. Make sure you join my newsletter to receive updates on the new healthy recipes available each week.