This super healthy canned salmon salad is an easy 7 minute whip up for lunch, which is why I love it so much.
It can be taken in a lunch box, it’s fresh, it’s light, and yet, it’s actually very satisfying and keeps you going all afternoon.
Of course, salmon is one of my favourite inclusions for getting essential omega 3 fatty acids EPA & DHA into the diet. I usually include a few cans a week.
What about you, how often do you eat it?
It’s also great to have all the finger food sides because when you share this meal with someone, as I often do with my partner, it makes it really engaging and sometimes a good conversational piece too.
It’s amazing how enjoyable getting your hands in and having some crunch can be 🙂
I hope you enjoy it!
Healthy Canned Salmon Salad Recipe
- 415g (14.5oz) canned salmon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- cracked pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper (capsicum) – sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber – julienne sliced
- 1 large carrot – julienne sliced
- 12 olives
- 8 thin brown rice cakes
- Pour the canned salmon into a bowl, including the juice
- Add the balsamic vinegar and a generous amount of cracked black pepper
- Using a fork, mash it all together until well combined
- Place it in a clean bowl for serving
- Lay all the sliced vegetables out on a large plate like a platter
- Place the canned salmon salad on the side and the rcie cakes on a separate plate
- Serve and enjoy
Healthy Canned Salmon Salad Nutrition Data
Nutritionist & Health Coach