These baked stuffed tomatoes make an excellent breakfast meal. Although it appears that they take a while to make, they are actually very simple. Prepare them in less than 10 minutes then simply put them in the oven while you go about the rest of your morning. Soon enough they’ll be ready and you’ll be enjoying something a little bit different.
Stuffed Tomato Recipe
- • 6 tomatoes
- • 6 eggs
- • Approx. 2 cups baby spinach
- • Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C)
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and using a spoon scoop out the insides of the tomatoes into a bowl. Don’t throw this way but use it in another recipe, soup or stir-fry
- Place the tomatoes in a greased ceramic baking dish
- Fill the tomatoes about 3/4 full of baby spinach. Don’t pack it down too much or the egg will spill over the edges. Instead you want it to seep in and through. If the egg does end up spilling over, that’s okay, you’ll still be able to eat it.
- Sprinkle some sea salt over the spinach
- Crack one egg into each tomato
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until eggs are set
- Serve, sprinkle with a little pepper if you like and enjoy them as they are, they really are delicious!
They are super delicious so I hope you’ll try them. You can also cook up extra and keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days. They will warm up perfectly fine in the microwave.
Your health is your wealth,
P.S. If you’re looking for more breakfast recipes, check out my breakfast cookbook here