This dish is made with low carb konjac noodles.
You may not have heard of konjac noodles before, many people haven’t. They are zero carbs, zero calories, high in fiber, and I think they make a great substitute for pasta or noodles of any kind. You can buy them in fettucine and angel hair, giving you options for different meals.
In the US or elsewhere you can purchase them directly from Amazon and have them delivered to your door.
In Australia you can buy them in Woolworths and Coles in the health food section, called ‘slim pasta’. You can also buy them from health food stores known as Jen’s Noodles.
If you can’t get konjac noodles try any other noodles with this recipe and it will taste great too. Shredded white cabbage would also work well.
- 280g (9.8oz) chicken breast or thigh – diced in small pieces
- 1 onion – sliced
- 1 zucchini – julienne
- 1 carrot – julienne
- 1 tomato – diced
- 1 teaspoon tamari, braggs aminos, or coconut aminos
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 340 g net pack konjac noodles
- Oil for cooking
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok
- Add onion and chicken and cook for a few minutes
- Add the tamari sauce part way through the cooking and continue to cook until almost done – if it’s still a bit pink inside at this stage that’s fine. Chicken continues to cook while resting and you want it to be nice and tender
- Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl
- Add a little more oil to the pan, then include the veggies, tomato, and thyme
- Saute until the carrots are tender but still crisp
- Add the chicken back to the pan
- Add the coconut cream and noodles and heat together for 2-3 minutes
- Serve and enjoy