Whether you’re a diabetic trying to control your blood sugar, or you’re trying to lose weight, this breadless low carb burger recipe makes a great substitute to the real thing.
This picture really doesn’t do the burger any justice. I was too hungry to get a good picture but I’m sure you’ll believe me that this burger was DELICIOUS!
Who needs a bun anyway?
Well you don’t, and it make a HUGE difference to the overall carbs you consume by just cutting out the bread.
Net Carbs Comparison
- 2 slices white bread 19.2 g
- 4 cos/romaine lettuce leaves: 1.1 g
Now that’s a BIG difference, and this burger is still thoroughly enjoyable.
You have to get your hands dirty when eating this one, but that’s all part of the fun!
I hope you enjoy it.
Breadless Low Carb Burger Recipe
- 2 meat patties
- 1 tomato – sliced
- 1 carrot – grated
- Mayonnaise or cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4-6 cos (romaine) lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in pan and cook meat patties both sides until cooked
- While patties are cooking, slice & grate all the vegetables ready for assembling
- Remove patties from pan, rinse the pan if necessary, then fry up your eggs (flip eggs so they are not too runny)
- Grab 2 plates and assemble your low carb burger. First place 2 carefully cut cos lettuce leaves on the plate. Top with meat patty, egg, tomato slices, grated carrot & mayonnaise or cottage cheese. Place your other lettuce leaves on top and you are ready to chow down on one healthy & delicious burger!