This is a great dish for low carb enthusiasts and diabetics with just 4 g net carbs per serve.
It’s also a great dish for anyone who wants to lose weight and look after their health!
It’s tasty, delicious, and super simple to make, so without further introductions, let’s get straight to the recipe.
Creamy Chicken Recipe
- Author: Good Food Eating.com
- Serves: 3
- Prep time: 7 minutes
- Cook time: 7 minutes
- Passive time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts (approximately 400 g)
- 1 large onion – diced
- 6 mushrooms – sliced finely
- ½ cup coconut cream or milk
- Sea salt
- Black cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Almond flour
- 4-5 cups napa cabbage (aka wombok) – shredded
- Cut your chicken breast pieces into small thin strips
- Pour some almond flour onto a dinner plate, and dip the chicken into the flour to coat it in the flour, and then set it aside in a bowl
- Place about 2 tablespoons of butter in a large fry pan and get the pan nice and hot
- Put the chicken into the pan and start frying it off until most of it is nicely browned
- At this stage the chicken will be browned but undercooked, that’s how you want it so remove it from the pan and set aside
- Put more butter in the pan, add the onion and cook until nicely browned
- Add a generous splash of red wine to the pan (approximately 3 tablespoons), and allow it to burn off for about 2 minutes
- Add a small amount of coconut cream/milk and allow the wine and onion to blend with the cream
- Now add the chicken back to the pan, and add just a bit more cream to the pan. The flour on the chicken will thicken the sauce but you don’t want it too runny so add a bit of cream, then add a bit more if you need it.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, put some sea salt and pepper into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes
- Take the pan off the heat, put a lid on it and allow the chicken to rest for 10-15 minutes
- Meanwhile steam up your shredded cabbage
- Bring the chicken back to the boil for 1-2 minutes and then serve it on a bed of cabbage for a delicious tasty meal
Creamy Chicken Nutrition