I am absolutely LOVING these healthy baked chicken breast parcels right now! Make a double batch and keep it sliced up in the fridge to add to salads, wraps, or even to eat as a snack. Fantastic!
Honey Mustard Dressing
Make this first as you’ll need it for the chicken breast parcels.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic oil or minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoons honey
1. Put all ingredients into a jar, and shake well to combine.
Healthy Baked Chicken Breast Parcels
- 1.8 lbs (800 g) chicken breast
- honey mustard dressing
- non stick baking paper
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C)
2. Place 2 large square sheets of baking paper on a baking tray.
3. Put the chicken breast fillets onto each paper, then take one of them and fold the paper up slightly and pour half the dressing over the top.
4. Hold the pieces of paper together and fold over twice at the top, then fold the ends in twice to make a sealed parcel.
5. Repeat for the second chicken breast parcel.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and open up the parcels to allow the chicken to cool. Serve hot, warm, or cold. Or slice into slices and keep in a container in the fridge for later use.
Online Cooking Class
As you can see, it is very simple to make this chicken breast, and it’s super healthy!
Baked Chicken Breast Nutrition Info
1 serve is equal to 1/2 chicken breast. You can double this nutrition data if you want to eat the whole breast with a side of vegetables.
Please note that the dressing is what adds the carb count to this chicken breast. It only absorbs a very small amount of the dressing so if you don’t eat the dressing itself, then the carb count is about 2 g per serve, not 5.
Cook 4 chicken breasts at once and keep in the fridge. Making larger batches saves you time and effort.
Slice up the chicken breast and keep in an airtight container in the fridge. This willl keep for 4-5 days and can be used in salads, on sandwiches, and wraps, or even just eat as a snack.
Hope you enjoy it!
Nutritionist & Health Counselor
P.S. Find more great recipes, cooking classes, and nutrition info inside the GFE Virtual Nutrition School. We’d love to see you inside!